I greet and felicitate with you all as we celebrate Christmas once again.
I join our Christian compatriots and all other Nigerians in giving thanks to God Almighty whose Grace and Benevolence has helped our nation to overcome the many challenges it has had since we celebrated Christmas last year.
The annual commemoration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ is a most auspicious time for us, as individuals and as a nation, to rededicate ourselves to the virtues and ideals which the Messiah preached and exemplified during his earthly ministry.
Let us all therefore resolve this Christmas to make the ideals of peace, harmony, tolerance, love and goodwill to all even more manifest in our interactions with others.
It remains my sincere belief that no height of human accomplishment is beyond us as a nation, if we can overcome our differences, such as they are, and forge a binding national consensus to put the progress and well-being of the country above all other considerations.
My administration will do all within its powers and abilities to ensure that when representatives of our people assemble for the forthcoming national conference next year, they will have every opportunity and encouragement to make very significant contributions towards forging the required consensus for sustained national peace, unity and progress.
It is also my expectation that the national conference will contribute in no small measure towards the urgent resolution of contentious issues which currently hinder our progress as a nation.
With God Almighty as our Guide, Strength and Enabler, My Administration will continue to implement its Agenda for National Transformation in furtherance of its avowed commitment to improving the living conditions of all Nigerians.
We will continue to count on the prayers, support and cooperation of all patriotic Nigerians in the coming year as we consolidate and build on our achievements in several sectors including national security, power supply, communications, transportation, health and education.
As we commemorate the birth of the Prince of Peace, let us all strive to honour Him more by living our lives as He taught; by making personal sacrifices for the good of others, by showing greater love for others, by being fairer and more honest in our dealings with others, by being ever-willing to forgive those who offend us and by always extending goodwill towards others.
December 24, 2013
- president GEJ send a Christmas Message To the Nation (prienblog.wordpress.com)
- Read President Goodluck Jonathan’s Christmas Message To Nigerians (doublesixfive.wordpress.com)
- President Goodluck Jonathan’s Christmas Message To Nigerians (alexixblog.wordpress.com)
- Christmas: Jonathan, Mark, Tambuwal, Governors felicitate with Nigerians (naijaobserver.wordpress.com)
- Christmas: President Jonathan Felicitates With Nigerians (naijaobserver.wordpress.com)
- Jonathan felicitates with Nigerians at Christmas (kaykayjabari.wordpress.com)
- Muslims wish Christians well during Christmas (spyghana.com)
- Jonathan Letter to Obasanjo (princeruwa.wordpress.com)
- PRESIDENT JONATHAN’s REPLY TO OBJ’S LETTER (budgetonline.wordpress.com)
- President Jonathan finally replies Obasanjo’s letter (delightexclusive.wordpress.com)