GOV DICKSON EFFECTS CABINET SHAKE UP; ATTORNEY-GENERAL, 6 OTHERS DROPPED
Following, ongoing re-organisation of Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) for a more optimal implementation of the Restoration agenda, the following Commissioners have been relieved of their appointments with immediate effect:
1. Francis Egele, Esq. – Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice
2. Hon. Ayakeme Massa – Trade, Investment and Industry
3. Dr. Anapurere Michael Awoli – Health
4. Hon. Nelson Belief – Tourism Development
5. Hon. Gesiye Isowo – Special Duties (Federal Projects)
6. Hon. Parkinson Macmanuel – Science, Technology and
7. Dr. Sylvanus Abila – Environment
The affected former Commissioners are by this announcement, requested to hand over to the Permanent Secretaries in their various ministries.
His Excellency, Hon. Seriake Dickson, Governor of Bayelsa State, personally expressed his gratitude to them for their commitment to service, diligence, hard work and invaluable contributions to the successes attained by the administration in the last two years.
A Government House statement says, the Governor wished them well in all their future endeavours, noting that, they could be called upon to serve the State in other capacities in future.
The statement further explains that, the reorganization of the machinery of Government for improved service delivery in the execution of Government programmes and policies as well as the redeployment of relevant officers will be a continuous exercise.
Daniel Iworiso Markson
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor